SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM
SOLIDWORKS product data management (PDM) solutions help you get your design data under control and substantially improve the way your teams manage and collaborate on product development.
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM enables your teams to: Securely store and index design data for fast retrieval, eliminate concerns about version control and data loss, share and collaborate on designs with people inside and outside the organization in multiple locations and create an electronic workflow to formalize, manage, and optimize development, document approval, and engineering change processes.
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise Product Data Management (Enterprise PDM) is a full-featured data management solution for organizations large and small.
A data vault powered by Microsoft SQL Server guarantees all information is securely stored and indexed for fast retrieval by authorized users within your company. Easy to implement, fully configurable and extensible via the API, SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM efficiently guides your product teams through your development processes, ensuring that team members have access to the right files at the right time. Localized vault replication and support of multiple CAD applications provides unmatched productivity, no matter the size, distribution, and diversity of your organization.
With the rich toolset embedded in the SOLIDWORKS user interface, designers stay focused in one environment-with no need to switch interfaces for data management tasks.
SOLIDWORKS Enterprise PDM
- File Management
- Revision Management
- Bill of Materials Management
- Distributed Collaboration
- Regulatory Compliance
- Design Reuse
- Engineering Change Management
- Secure File Vaulting
- Enterprise Scalability
The SOLIDWORKS EPDM system helps companies in regulated fields (like medical device development) comply with government regulatory requirements or industry standards for controlled development processes and product documentation by increasing operational efficiency, ensuring regulations are met,and generating the information needed to demonstrate compliance.
SOLIDWORKS EPDM can bolster compliance with the following regulatory requirements:
- United States FDA (Food and Drug Administration) 21 CFR Part 11
- Manage all FDA-related documents electronically
- Get quick access to standard operating procedure (SOP) information using the system’s Advanced Searching tools
- Access and produce document audit trail and history information, and quickly respond to on-demand compliance and reporting requests
- Adhere to and enforce double electronic signature security requirements
- Establish a framework that enables you to maintain and control file versions and revisions
- European Union RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances)
- Track material usage in electronic products
- Access material usage information quickly
- ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations)
- Create and maintain a secure data environment
- Provide granular file access control for users and groups
- Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, TS 16949, ANSI, ISO 14000)
- Access to standard operating procedure (SOP) information quickly using the system’s Advanced Searching tools
- Access and produce document audit trail and history information
- Establish and maintain consistent business processes using the system’s Electronic Workflow