SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D enables you to easily integrate your electrical schematic design from SOLIDWORKS Electrical to your 3D model of the machine or other product. (SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D requires SOLIDWORKS CAD software.) Designers can place 3D versions of all electrical parts into their model, and run wires/cables/harnesses in 3D to connect all electrical equipment. This enables you to plan specific locations and paths, and accurately determine wires/cables/harness lengths before equipment is built to ensure consistent manufacturing and to reduce scrap and costs. Your 2D schematics and 3D models are synchronized bi-directionally in real time, so any changes are automatically updated.
Key capabilities include:
- Electrical 3D- CAD-embedded interface bidirectionally integrates electrical schematic design data from SOLIDWORKS Electrical with the SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD model.
- Harness Development- Create schematic-driven harness designs in the 3D model, utilizing real-time bidirectional functionality coupled with powerful routing, flattening, and automatic documentation capabilities.
- Autorouting Technology- Advanced SOLIDWORKS routing technology provides highly simplified autorouting of wires, cables, and harnesses from within a 3D CAD model. The routing detail information is available instantly to all project users.
- Collaboration- SOLIDWORKS Electrical enables multiple users to work on the same project simultaneously in a real-time environment.
- Real-time Synchronization- Project design data is synchronized in real time, bidirectionally between schematics and the 3D model within a multi-user collaborative environment. This synchronization allows key information, such as BOM and design data, to be unified between design disciplines and users.