Application Engineer, MA
Title: Application Engineer
Office Location: Marlborough, MA
CADD Edge’s engineering software & hardware offerings including SolidWorks (SW), PDM/PLM Solutions and Stratasys Printers. As an Application Engineer you will provide comprehensive telephone/e-mail technical support and training to engineers from many companies in diverse fields, including consumer products, automotive, machine design, and medical equipment. Some local travel may be required to visit companies.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
- Pre- and post-sales support of SolidWorks and related products, concentrating on Simulation for new and existing mechanical clients
- Determining and setting priority levels on customer issues to ensure timely and effective responses
- Develop and write articles for company newsletter, determine and prepare documentation for technical skills for new SW releases
- Prepare for and conduct SolidWorks instruction courses for customers
- Demonstrate SolidWorks' mechanical offering to existing clients and potential clients
- Use of NetSuite and the SW VRC
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 4 years design experience using SolidWorks 3D CAD Modeling software.
- You will be expected to undertake relevant certifications in Solidworks, Simulation and Composer
- Conduct Solidworks instruction courses for customers.
- Strong oral communication skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Requires good familiarity with Windows, MCAD and/or solid modeling software.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential.
- Must be able to work directly with customers in various situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and long-term projects.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel in the regional area
- Netsuite experience