Location: Westborough/Marlborough, MA
The Sales Associate will provide support for our Business Development team focusing on the Altium EDA Software product line. As an introductory role you will be challenged with pipeline building activities, sales processes and be educated on the core concepts of positioning and understanding the value proposition that the Altium and CADD Edge solutions offer. During the first 90 days the activities will include cold calling, lead tracking and qualifying, estimating and presenting Altium’s product line. As your skill set and knowledge grow you will have the opportunity to earn a sales territory. Once you’ve earned a territory you will be responsible for managing and maintaining a sales quota for the Altium products. The role will report to the Altium Regional Manager.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities:
- Call on and identify new prospects and suspects
- Engage with existing CADD Edge customers to determine additional needs
- Schedule product demonstrations for qualified opportunities
- Plan, organize, and maintain your daily workflow
- Prepare and track a working forecast utilizing NetSuite CRM and Salesforce.com
- Document daily activities within NetSuite and/or Salesforce.com CRM including call notes, scheduled appointments, etc.
- Engage and work with the Business Development team to build their pipeline and respond to activity requests
- Learn and understand product positioning
- Successfully complete Altium product/sales training
- Understand and be capable of presenting our value proposition in the form of a PowerPoint presentation
- Work with existing Inside Sales staff on effective call habits, scripts and setting realistic daily goals.
- Present weekly activity reviews to mentors and sales management
- 2-4 years experience in sales
- BS/BA in Business or Electrical Engineering
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced technology environment
- Must be energetic with a go-getter attitude
- Be capable of demonstrating general computer skills and writing ability
- Some knowledge of the engineering and manufacturing market is preferred
- Effective communicator with good listening skills
- Ability to present in a professional and polite manner
* Please submit resume, cover letter and salary requirements when applying for this position.